Expert Advice: Growing Your Hair For Your Wedding
You want your hair to look (and feel) fabulous for your Wedding and a part of that, may be that you want to grow your hair for a certain style or look on your Big Day? At times this can even seem like an endless battle, that’s where Georgina steps in!
Georgina Kyriacou, qualified Hairdresser and Salon Owner in Paphos (and loves to solve your hair nightmares) gives us the expert secrets on how to successfully grow your locks!
The secrets to growing your hair super long…
Are you the type of person who would love long healthy shiny hair? Do you try all the products that are advertised on TV but nothing seems to give you the results they promised? Do you struggle to ever see an improvement in your hair?
I hear a lot of people that say things like, “Oh my hair won’t grow”, “it gets to a certain length and then stops.”
If your hair is a constant frustration, and your worried because you don’t want to spend a fortune in a hair salon and see no difference, or even worse they make such a mess that you have to start all over again. and your confused because they are supposed to know what they are doing but never seem to be able to help or give the results they said where possible?
If so, I totally understand.
And you are not alone!
That’s because I have met hundreds of people like you, who struggled with the same things.
Fact about how hair grows:
- Everyone’s hair grows on average 1cm per month
- Myth – Certain hair types just don’t grow
Truth: Our hair always grows, the reasons you may not see this length getting longer is because for the hair that’s growing at the roots, the same amount, if not more is breaking, splitting or snapping off the end due to bad condition of the hair. This can be caused by being over coloured, weak damaged hair that splits and breaks off. Or even things that we do to our hair ourselves like, being too heavy handed and yanking bobbles or clips out when hair is tied up. Also repetitive stress on the hair, like if hair is laying on your shoulders and you constantly put your handbag on top of your shoulder, all this friction can cause your hair to break off on the one side.
- Constantly playing with a fringe, pushing it to one side out of your eyes, or continuously pulling it back. The hair at the front, your hairline, is usually finer and weaker, this repetitive stress will break the hair without you noticing it, but over time you will notice that it’s not growing. As well as tying hair back in a tight ponytail or bun. A good example of this is ballerinas, they pull their hair back so tight it puts immense pressure on their hair line and in extreme cases can cause the hairline to recede.
Quick Tips to grow your hair
- Regular Haircuts
- Weekly Hair Treatment Masks to keep hair in top condition
- Moisturize ends with oils, serums or any leave in conditioners
One of my clients Lisa, has the longest healthiest hair! She never has a split end AND we colour her hair regularly.
This is Lisa! Lisa has the most beautiful hair and always gets complimented on the colour, how beautiful and long and in amazing condition her hair is!
“How do you colour your hair and have such length and your hair is still so healthy and shiny!?”
With blonde hair its very rare to see, but Lisa has it all!
Here are the 4 steps that Lisa takes to keep hair in perfect condition!
1. We colour Lisa’s hair every 5 weeks. One of the most important factors of colouring long hair is to NOT over process. When Lisa comes in we only apply colour to the roots (that’s 1cm, and absolutely no more!) not overlapping colour is very important to healthy happy hair.
2. Lisa take home the shampoo, conditioner and MASK that the salon has recommended, specifically for her hair needs. Good home hair care is crucial. If you only visit the salon once every 5 weeks, it is important that the hair is getting what it needs in between visits.
3. Combination of small factors like Lisa’s hair is curly so she doesn’t use excessive heat (hair dryer and straightening irons)
4. Regular hair cuts. Although Lisa’s hair does not split, a haircut every 2-3 months keeps the ends strong and healthy. 0 split ends = Super long hair! Also salon intensive treatments.
TIP: Most of the time after we have done Lisa’s roots, we put an intensive mask and braid her hair back. Your hair LOVES this! Maximum absorption, the hair drinks up the mask and is left beautiful shiny, happy, and super healthy.
So there you have it – 4 simple steps. When you do this repeatedly and consistently, it will give you gorgeous long hair!
When Lisa began to apply these 4 simple steps, she instantly started seeing the results.
Not only Lisa but in fact, all of our clients, have experienced these amazing results using this method.
If you’d like to discover our step-by-step process that all of our clients are using to achieve beautiful, crowning glory, attention seeking hair. Without spending a fortune.
Plus Top tips from our super stylists that, not only really know what they are talking about, but have also had amazing success and extremely happy clients!
If you would like to discover how we analyse your hair, test to see what your hair is lacking and advise on home hair care and how it can work for you. We can help you apply our 4 easy steps to beautiful happy hair and achieve the best result for your hair then get in touch and we will contact you to make an appointment for your FREE Style Consultation!
But act now, because life is to short to have bad hair!
Think about it… you can keep doing what your doing, and wake up to bad hair every day! Chuck it up in a clip or pony tail and hope for the best.
Or, you can learn our top tips, how to put all the love back into your hair, and have no more bad hair days.